Thank you for your interest in a career with Community Bank. To apply, please include a cover letter with the position you are applying for and send your resume to:
P.O. Box 988
Parkersburg, WV 26102
Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer
Posted: July 20, 2017
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide a high level of customer service to bank customers who require teller services. In addition, tellers are responsible for balancing cash and understanding related compliance regulations related to teller services.
- Perform paying and receiving functions for customers. This will include taking cashing checks, taking deposits, withdrawals, mortgage, consumer loan and other payments.
- Understand and comply with the related laws and compliance regulations that pertain to teller duties. Examples include bank secrecy act, privacy, and funds availability policy.
- Provide a high level of customer service. This includes understanding customer needs, as well as understanding the bank products offered.
- Ensure that the assigned cash balances on a daily basis and is kept secure at all times.
- Must keep cash drawer within assigned drawer limits.
- Balance ATM
- Support the overall sales effort. Direct sales goals may be established by management for such items as check cards, direct deposit, automated banking, or referrals for other bank products.
- Participate as part of various retail product campaigns the bank initiates.
- Will be aware of overall bank product offering to be able to refer customers to appropriate departments within the bank for service.
Qualified candidates should possess the ability to respond to the needs and priorities of the customer. Attention to detail is essential. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations. Must be able to adjust quickly to different work situations and remain composed under pressure. Must be able to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
Education and Special Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years of experience in a related position
· Must have the dexterity to count money
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds