- Downtown Parkersburg/Main Office
- North Parkersburg
- South Parkersburg
In order to help ensure your security and privacy, please never send sensitive information such as your account information, social security number, passwords, personal identification numbers (PINs), etc. via email.
- To report a lost or stolen card, or a problem with fraud.
- Credit 866.563.1335
- Debit 866.546.8273
Downtown Parkersburg/Main office address
631 Juliana Street
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Federal financial regulators are reporting that Internet threats have changed significantly over the past several years. Sophisticated hacking techniques and growing organized cyber-criminal groups are increasingly targeting financial institutions, compromising security controls, and engaging in online account takeovers and fraudulent electronic funds transfers.
In order to help ensure the security of your online transactions, we want you to know that:
- We will never email, call or otherwise ask you for your user name, password or other electronic banking credentials
- You can help protect yourself by implementing alternative risk control processes like:
- Making sure you choose an adequate user name and password that, at a minimum, mixes in small case letters, upper case letters and numbers
- Periodically changing your password (e.g., at least every 90 days)
- Safeguarding your user name and password information
- Having current anti-malware and anti-virus software
- Making sure you have a firewall in place when conducting your financial transactions
- Logging off the system when you’re done conducting business (don’t just close the page or “X™ out of the system)
- Monitoring your account activity on a regular basis
In addition, we may require owners of commercial accounts to perform their own risk assessments and controls evaluations. For example:
- Make a list of the risks related to online transactions that your business faces including
- Passwords being written down and left out in the open
- The use of old or inadequate passwords
- The possibility of internal fraud or theft
- Delays in terminating the rights of former employees
- The lack of dual control or other checks and balances over individual access to online transaction capabilities
- An evaluation of controls your business uses may include
- Using password protected software to house passwords in
- Conducting employee background checks
- Initiating a policy and process to terminate access for former employees
- Segregating duties among two or more people so no one person has too much access or control
- Conducting internal or third party audits of controls
- Using firewalls to protect from outside intrusion or hackers
Federal regulations provide consumers with some protections for electronic fund transfers. These regulations generally apply to accounts with Internet access.
For example, these federal laws establish limits on a consumer’s liability for unauthorized electronic fund transfers.
They also provide specific steps you need to take to help resolve an error with your account. Note, however, that in order to take advantage of these protections, you must act in a timely manner. Make sure you notify us immediately if you believe your access information has been stolen or compromised. Also, review your account activity and periodic statement and promptly report any errors or unauthorized transactions. See the Electronic Fund Transfer disclosures that were provided at account opening for more information on these types of protections. These disclosures are also available online (or ask us and we will gladly provide you with a copy).
If you become aware of suspicious account activity, you should immediately contact the authorities and contact us at the number listed below.
COMMUNITY BANK OF PARKERSBURG
631 JULIANA ST
PARKERSBURG, WV 26101
Switch now. Earn More.
Our Rewards Checking account offers a simple and free way to earn higher interest on your checking account balance when you do the following three things within your monthly qualification cycle*:
- Make at least 10 or more debit card purchases (ATM transactions excluded)
- Receive e-statements
- Set up and use at least one direct deposit or qualifying electronic payment
* Interest Rate & Annual Percentage Yield: When your Rewards Checking account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, Tier 1: An interest rate of 1.80% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is less than $15,000. The annual percentage yield for this tier is 1.81%. Tier 2: An interest rate of 0.15% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is greater than $15,000. The annual percentage yield for this tier will range from 1.81% to 0.40%, depending on the balance in the account. (The 0.40% APY is based on a $100,000 daily balance.) When your Rewards Checking account qualifications are not met, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 0.05% with an annual percentage yield of 0.05% and you will not receive ATM surcharge refunds. The rates are accurate as of 5/1/18 and subject to change without notice. No monthly service fees. $50 minimum to open. Subject to account approval. Limit of two accounts per household. Contact a Community Bank Customer Service Representative for more details.
Monthly requirements: The required transactions must post to and settle on your Rewards Checking account during the monthly qualification cycle in order to receive the premium interest rate and ATM surcharge refunds (up to $50 per qualification cycle). “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.