Protecting your financial security is important to us. Our cutting-edge financial services make banking with us easier than ever. The following tips are intended to provide some common-sense advice to make banking with us as safe and secure as ever. Remember that to keep your information secure, Community Bank employees will never ask for your personal information through email or by phone. If you ever have questions about whether a call or email is valid, contact one of our offices immediately.
Community Bank’s Top Security Tips:
- Community Bank employees will never ask for your personal or account information through email, phone or text message. If you receive a message, do not respond, but contact a Community Bank office immediately at the numbers below.
- Check your account online regularly and contact us immediately if you see any suspicious activity
- Never give out the 3-digit code on the back of your check card or Community Bank Rewards MasterCard® unless you are initiating a purchase
- Do not call a phone number listed in an email or on a voicemail that asks for your personal or account information. The number could be fraudulent. Instead, contact your local branch using the phone numbers below.
- Only make online purchases on secure sites.
- Check your email for important alerts regarding fraud. Make sure Community Bank has your current email address.
- Create secure passwords for online banking with at least 8 characters of random numbers and letters. Change your password often. Protect your username and password by not sharing them with others
- You can help protect yourself and your computer by installing and updating anti-virus software, closing your browser after you’ve visited your online account
- Don’t write pin numbers on your cards, or leave pin numbers or checking account numbers in your wallet
- Think about using online bill pay, which is more secure than mailing paper checks with your account number on them
- Shred documents with financial information instead of throwing them in the trash
- Contact Community Bank before you travel, especially outside of the United States, to make sure your check card or Community Bank Rewards MasterCard® will not be blocked for security reasons, and to learn about important fraud alerts at your travel destination.
If you ever suspect fraud, or believe that you’re a victim of fraud, contact one of our offices immediately:
- Main Office: 304-485-7991
- Vienna: 304-295-4566
- North Parkersburg: 304-485-0602
- South Parkersburg: 304-422-7360
For more information, visit:
- OnlineOnGuard.gov: Tips from the federal government to help you protect your personal information.
- FTC.gov: Information from the Federal Trade Commission to help you avoid identity theft and learn what to do if your identity is stolen.
- FDIC.gov: Tips from the FDIC about how to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.