We opened for business July 17, 1917, as The Community Savings & Loan Company, founded on the idea of a financial institution that would specifically serve the needs of working men and women.
In 1921, the bank moved to the present 7th and Juliana Street location. Since that time, of course, extensive remodeling has been needed to keep pace with our growth.
On March 5, 1967, Community Savings & Loan Company converted to a state chartered bank and operated under the name Community Savings Bank of Parkersburg. In 1976, the name was changed to Community Bank of Parkersburg.
Our first branch opened at 2400 Grand Central Avenue in Vienna in August of 1987. In December 1993, our second branch office opened at 3906 Emerson Avenue, Parkersburg.
In 2001, we opened our fourth branch at 3620 Blizzard Drive in Parkersburg.
Our current President and CEO, Randall E. Snider, was appointed in May 1991.